Horizontal siding profile types are popular in many types of home styles. Vertical siding profiles can also be found in some homes depending on the design. To help you decide which profile works best for your home’s exterior, trusted siding and roofing repair contractor Pawcatuck Roofing Co. shares what you need to consider:
Horizontal Siding Profiles
- Traditional Lap is arguably one of the most recognizable, as it features siding boards that are partially layered on top of the other. The design creates a simple yet effective water barrier, with its affordability contributing to its popularity among both homeowners and contractors alike.
- Dutch Lap is similarly designed to the traditional lap but its profile has a groove cut out of the top of each horizontal board. The design provides more visual contracts across its surface, with each panel casting a bit of shadow on the grooved panel underneath it.
- Beaded siding profiles are similar to traditional lap in terms of the basic design. However, it instead features a “bead” at the bottom part of the board which creates a more textured surface.
Vertical Siding Profiles
- Vertical Panel siding profiles can also be a good design option for your home if you’re looking to have something different for your remodel. This is just like the traditional lap but vertically oriented. Siding and roof replacement contractors also recommend other vertical profiles that will enhance the visual appeal of your home’s exterior. You won’t find it hard to select the right design for your home, as many horizontal siding profiles will also have vertical varieties available!
- Board and Batten profiles are also popular types of vertical siding that consist of vertical boards that are placed with battens. This is to cover their cracks and create an effective waterproof surface. They’re traditionally made from wood, but they’re now more available in more durable and affordable materials such as fiber cement and vinyl!
If you’re not sure what profile to pick, you can always draw inspiration from your neighborhood and see what other homes have on their exteriors. And as a trusted roofing contractor, Pawcatuck Roofing Co. can help you choose what’s best for your home! Call us today at (860) 940-2343 or reach us online through our convenient contact form. We serve New London and the surrounding CT areas.