A roof inspection will help uncover the types of damage that may have occurred to your roof over time. It’s important to note that each type of damage can vary in severity. Here are some details on the various types of damage that a roof inspection may uncover, including potential causes and consequences:
Shingles that are missing or damaged: Missing or damaged shingles are a typical problem that can lead to leaks and water damage. Wind, hail, and other extreme weather conditions can all cause this type of damage. If left neglected, shingles can weaken the integrity of the roof and lead to more significant complications.
Water damage and leaks: Leaks can occur due to a variety of issues, including damaged or missing shingles, insufficient flashing, clogged gutters, or problems with the roof’s ventilation system. Water damage, if left untreated, can lead to mold growth, rot, and structural damage.
Roof punctures: Punctures in the roof can be caused by a variety of factors, including falling branches, hail, or foot traffic. If left unaddressed, roof punctures can lead to leaks and compromise the structural integrity of the roof.
Animals: Squirrels or raccoons can cause moderate damage to the roof by chewing on the shingles, making holes in the roof, or nesting in the attic. This type of damage can result in leaks, structural damage, and other complications.
Improper installation: Unsuitable roofing material, installation, or inadequate ventilation, can cause a variety of problems including leaks, mold growth, or premature aging of the roof.
Contact Us to Schedule a 15-Point Inspection
Your home or commercial building is one of the biggest investments you’ll ever make and the roof is what’s protecting that investment. Make sure it’s in the best possible condition and set up a 15-Point Inspection with Pawcatuck Roofing Company. Our team of experienced, knowledgeable roofing contractors are well-trained and will let be able to let you know if anything needs to be addressed.
To schedule your inspection just call 860.599.1024 or complete our online request form for your free, no-obligation consultation.
What the 15-Point Inspection Includes
When one of our trained crew members conducts a 15-Point Roof Inspection, the following areas will be evaluated.
- Exterior Walls: Leaks, stains and missing mortar
- Interior Roof Deck: Signs of leaks or deterioration
- Ceilings: Signs of leaks
- Roof Edges: Deterioration
- Interior Walls: Signs of leaks
- Fascia/Coping: Leaks, staining, missing mortar
- Expansion Joints: Signs of excessive movement, leaks or deterioration
- Field of Roof: Redistribute ballast, note damage and deficiencies, inspect coating
- Penetrations: Fill all pitch pans, inspect pipe boots
- Metal: Check attachments, paint any rusted metal, re-caulk as needed
- Drainage Systems: Clear all gutters, downspouts, scuppers, clean out drains, check strainers and clamping rings
- Base Flashings: Check attachment, check counter flashings, inspect for signs of movement
- HVAC Units: Check ductwork, housings, lines, pipes, sheet metal cabinets, gaskets and equipment base/tie-in
- Other: Check for oil deposits, surface contamination, soft areas, vandalism and ponding water.
- Issues: Does the roof need cleaning? Are there traffic patterns or walkway pads needed?